Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekly Letter - Aug 07, 2012

Good morning!!

Salem Days week huh? I remember that like it was Yesterday ( I'm not
kidding at all) i have many vivid memories of that. Right before i
started college man time is flying by. Speaking of time flying by do
you know what tomorrow is? 6 months i have been serving my mission.
Elder Flexhaug and I were talking about that yesterday night. It is so
weird because you have waited your whole life for two years, two years
of serving the Lord and it is finally here and I'm a quarter of the way
done, elder flexhaug is 1/2 done my trainer is 3/4 the done, it was
just so weird to begin to realize that.

Well this week has been full of Miracles! I kid you not.

First- We are Driving in the car looking for someone to teach ( going
to a street that we felt impressed to go to at the time of planning
the night before) and i just had a feeling that it wasn't were we were
supposed to be going today,so we stopped and we said a prayer, and My
companion ( we were on splits at the time so i was with Elder Escobar)
had a thought of were we needed to go so we are on our way there and
we get a phone call ( doesn't have to do with the place) and there is a
19 year old young man from Peru ( doesn't really speak English so this
conversation was in Spanish) and he is talking to us about were the
nearest church to his house is. First off we had no idea who was
calling, he was talking so fast that it was very difficult to
understand him, and lastly we don't know how he got our number. so the
conversation continued and we told him where the church was, it turns
out he had been in Canada for about 8 months, RIGHT before he left to
come here he had been taking Lessons from the Missionaries but he got
scared of getting baptized and his visa for Canada came. so he just
left. He gets here and is taking English classes. and some how gets
our number and tells us he wants to be baptized and serve a mission
soon. So we passed him on the the Vancouver Elders ( he was in their
Area ) and he is going to be baptized on the 18th of this month!

Secondly we found a less active member that NO in the ward knew about
who has a 14 year old daughter who has been waiting to get baptized.
They have already been to church 2 times and we just finally got her
number and got in to see her last Saturday and we set a Baptismal Date
for the 18 of august also!

We started off the Week slow but for every blessing we saw we stopped
and said a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father. and now look!! Two of
our Brothers and Sisters are going to Join the Ranks of God!!

I am so grateful to be here I'm finally stepping up a little bit and
become a bit more confident in everything, it might seem slow but its
different in Spanish. I wouldn't trade it for anything at all.

We also had the Elder that I replaced come back up and visit with his
family and President Tilleman let us go out to lunch with them this
last Pday so they took us out to Red Robin ( this is the family , dad
, that we met at the Watch store around Christmas time)

I don't really know what else to say im kind of running out of words!

I love you All and i hope you have a fantastic Salem Days!! I want to
hear ALL ABOUT it From ALL of you!! and I want some fire work
pictures!!

I hope that you all Smile lots this week !! I can not believe that
your summer is almost up!! it feels like only a few days have past
here!!

I love you and will write you next week!!

With All my heart,
Elder Brandon Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment